Coming Soon: Cineplex
(August 20, 2020 Toronto, ON) Cineplex, one of Canada’s leading entertainment and media companies, will be the first of the major film exhibitors in the world to reopen its entire circuit of theatres when its remaining theatres open tomorow. From coast-to-coast, all 164 Cineplex theatres and 1,687 screens across Canada will be open, including the Company’s 22 VIP Cinemas locations.
To welcome movie-lovers back to the big screen, theatres will be showing exciting North American firsts, including the highly anticipated Christopher Nolan film Tenet in Cineplex theatres August 27, with special advance screenings the night before. Plus, new releases The Spongebob Movie: Sponge on the Run and Unhinged are in theatres now. Advance tickets for Tenet, as well as tickets for other new films, are available at Cineplex.com or on the Cineplex app.
“As Canada’s only national film exhibitor, we are proud to safely welcome movie-lovers back for some much-deserved fun and escape. For over 100 years we’ve entertained our guests and we are so excited to get back to what we do best,” said Ellis Jacob, President and CEO, Cineplex. “I want to assure our guests and employees that alongside this great milestone, we have implemented industry-leading health and safety protocols and will continue updating and evolving our practices as necessary to keep everyone healthy and safe. Thank you, Canada, for your kindness and your trust in us.”
Cineplex’s top priority continues to be the health and safety of its employees and guests and creating a safe, comfortable and welcoming environment. All theatres are open with enhanced safety and cleaning measures as well as procedures to allow for physical distancing both inside and outside auditoriums.
Across all its businesses, Cineplex has implemented best practices and learnings from global counterparts and worked in partnership with leading public health and infectious disease experts to maximize safety precautions for all team members and guests. Some of these new measures include:
– Offering reserved seating in all auditoriums; seating options are automatically blocked off to ensure proper distance in every direction between guests.
– Reducing capacity in all auditoriums to allow for physical distancing.
– Enhancing cleaning practices throughout its facilities, with particular focus on high-contact surfaces, restrooms and seats.
– Encouraging debit and credit payments.
– Ensuring employees and guests have the personal protective equipment they need and respecting all locally and municipally mandated guidelines.
– Making hand sanitizer readily available for guests and employees throughout its buildings.